ISV are pleased to announce a further bonus for the athletes competing at AFSC 2015.
Any Singles, Dance Team or Synch Team who attains their Season’s Best (SB) at the Australian Figure Skating Championships (AFSC) 2015, that is higher than the ISV Qualifying score for that division, will be able to use that score as a carry over ISV Qualifying Score up to and including the following AFSC.
The following must be satisfied in order for this attained score to be valid.
- The SB must be attained following the same principles as outlined by ISV, that is it is based on Technical Element Score (TES) for the programs as listed in the policy (ISV AFSC Qualification Scores Policy 2015R).
- If an athlete moves up a division in 2016, they will be required to earn a new qualifying score in the higher division, as per policy (ISV AFSC Qualification Scores Policy 2015R). Therefore the bonus becomes redundant.
- If a Dance team attains a SB at AFSC 2015, splits in the off season and reforms with different partners, the bonus is redundant and the new teams will be required to attain a new qualifying score even if they remain in the same division. That is, the Dance team pairing must remain the same for the bonus to apply.
- If a Synch team attains a SB at AFSC 2015 then the team composition changes in the off season such that more than 75% of the original team who attained the score are not there, the bonus is redundant and the new team will be required to attain a new qualifying score even if they remain in the same division. Therefore if more than 25% of the team changes, the bonus becomes redundant.
- In the case of Discretionary skaters who do not have an ISV qualifying score, their SB at AFSC 2015 must be higher than the ISV qualifying score for their division for the bonus to apply.