BE CAREFUL. ABOVE THIS WARNING IS A HIDDEN CODED AREA. ONLY MAKE MINOR ALTERATIONS TO WORDING IN THE DOT POINTS ONLY, NOTHING ELSE, OTHERWISE CODE MAY BE BROKEN!
The ISV and Club Financial Year is from 1st October to 30th September.
Any application for membership submitted between these dates will apply to that financial year.
Before renewing your ISV & Club membership, please read the instructions carefully and familiarise yourself with the different types of membership, listed in the membership policy. (policy in review)
For assistance please contact the ISV membership secretary – email@example.com
- Ice Skating Victoria
- ISV Inc. Affiliated Clubs
- Melbourne Figure Skating Club
- Olympic Figure Skating Club
- Victorian Synchronized Iceskating Club
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need ISV Membership?
To compete or to test:
ISV membership is required if you want to compete for Victoria in local or interstate events, or if you wish to undertake technical program and pattern skills tests which are conducted by the state associations on behalf of Ice Skating Australia.
What is my membership fee used for?
Your membership fee is spent on providing test and competition opportunities for all membership, for advancing the resources of the association, as well as training, and reimbursing the judges and officials that conduct all competitions held in Victoria.
Revenue from membership fees allows ISV to:
- Pay for ice hire to conduct Tests and Competitions
- Upgrade the hardware required to run the International Skating Union Judging System. ISV’s computer judging system includes 9 laptop computers, 1 video camera, and support equipment
- Reimburse our volunteer Judges and Officials for out-of-pocket expenses
- Deliver development programs for Victorian skaters such as the Victorian Development Team
- Sponsor Victorian skaters to attend Ice Skating Australia training and development camps and events such as Oceania, Junior Development Camp, or sometimes overseas development events
- Your membership fee also includes an Ice Skating Australia Registration Fee of $25 to cover you for insurance and $2 for an Ice Sports Victoria affiliation fee.
What is ISV’s role?
ISV has many roles as the administrative body for Figure Ice Skating in Victoria including:
- Regulation of rules and by-laws
- Promotion of the sport
- Education for officials & judges, and the community in general
A full list of ISV’s roles is available on the About ISV page – Here.
Does my membership include insurance?
Yes, all ISV membership includes the ISA membership which covers you under their insurance policy. You can find out more about the ISA insurance in the Athlete Hub.
What skater testing systems are used?
There are two testing systems used in Australia and both are used to divide skaters into test level divisions for competitions.
Skaters are required to pass a test level before competing in that division, either locally, interstate or nationally.
- ISA divisions (based on ISU levels)
- Aussie SkateTM – an Australian Learn to Skate Curriculum devised by ISA
# ISA test levels cover Singles, Dance and Pairs.
The levels include pre-national/interstate and national divisions:
Pre-National – skaters can compete at any local or interstate level competition
* excluding AFSC – (National Championships)
National – skaters can compete at any local or interstate level completion, including AFSC (National Championships)
- Basic Novice A
- Basic Novice B
- Advanced Novice
Aussie SkateTM divisions use the ISA Aussie Skate testing curriculum.
Please refer to ISA’s website for Aussie Skate details – Here
More detail on ISA tests, can be found on the Tests page – Here