BE CAREFUL. ABOVE THIS WARNING IS A HIDDEN CODED AREA. ONLY MAKE MINOR ALTERATIONS TO WORDING IN THE DOT POINTS ONLY, NOTHING ELSE, OTHERWISE CODE MAY BE BROKEN!
In accordance with Ice Skating Australia Rules and Regulations, ISV conducts ISA Tests throughout the year. All tests undertaken in Victoria must have the appropriate paperwork and payment submitted 14 days prior to the test session. If a skater fails a test, they may not repeat the same test for a minimum of 28 days (as per ISA Rulebook Section 4, Rule 404).
To view all rules relating to ISA Tests, and their eligibility, please refer to the ISA Rule Book (http://isa.org.au/technical/test-forms).
ISV Rules and Regulations regarding Testing and Test Sessions can be found in the ISV Test Protocol 2013/2014.
All ISA test sessions conducted in Victoria are run by ISV Inc. ISV manages all aspects of the test process, with assistance from club volunteers on the day of the test, filling roles including announcing, playing music and marshalling the gate.
ISV Test Convenor
Lexi Wooderson – email@example.com
Test Session – Standards of Conduct
When attending a test session as a participant, or to support a family member, a friend, or to simply watch please be aware:
It can be a stressful time for coaches, participants, volunteers, organisers and the judging panel & it is important that all those attending share a common understanding of the expectations of behaviour at such an event.
- Please remain seated whilst participants are undertaking their test.
- Please keep quiet during the test session, loud conversations or discussions rink side can be distracting for those testing.
- Please do not film or photograph participants without their expressed permission.
- Flash photography is not permitted at any time.
- Please do not approach or interrupt the judging panel. They will communicate the test outcomes to the participants and the coaches at the appropriate time.
- If you require assistance, please approach the test convenor or the local organiser for assistance.
- Certificates and Pins for those who successfully complete the test will be forwarded to the coaches for presentation to their students after the event.
- Please be aware that comments and opinions expressed can sometimes offend. Those attending the test should avoid comments that could be misinterpreted or cause distress.
Actual start and end times, along with participants, for all test sessions will be confirmed closer to the test session date.
Test Session Results
- Preliminary Pattern test will incur a charge of $50
- A single test (i.e. either a patter or a program) at any level, or 1 dance (e.g. the Dutch Waltz) will incur a charge of $70
- A repeat test, a test undertaken after an unsuccessful attempt at that test, whether it is a partial retest (only 1 part of a pattern) or a full retest of either a dance, pattern, or program will incur a fee of $50
- Two Dance tests at the same level (e.g. Dutch Waltz and Canasta Tango) will incur a fee of $100
- Interstate skaters who wish to test in Victoria will be charged a $ 70 test fee, plus an additional fee for actual ice time.
Full details on the pricing structure are in the ISV Test Protocol.
Victorian State Calendar
- Please see the Calendars page for the ISV and ISA Calendars