Ice Skating Victoria Incorporated (ISV) is the state administrative body for all disciplines of figure skating in Victoria. It incorporates Singles Skating, Pair Skating, Synchronised Skating, Ice Dance, and Solo Dance – for all skaters from beginners to champions. ISV conducts figure skating competitions and championships, as well as test sessions that follow the requirements set by Ice Skating Australia (ISA). The association runs as a not for profit organisation in accordance with the rules as outlined in the Ice Skating Victoria Incorporated Constitution (2011).
ISV’s Role in Victorian Figure Skating
These are the functions of Ice Skating Victoria:
- To regulate, control and promote the sport of Figure Skating
- Encourage harmony
- Create a community
- Liaise with other clubs, bodies and State government
- Establish & maintain standards
- Cultivate camaraderie
- Assist & develop skaters
- Education: clubs, members & skaters
- Consult, Communicate, Administer
- Education: officials & judges
- Conduct tests and competitions
- Assist skaters from Aussie Skate into competitive skating
- Host State competition
- Enable resources: human, financial & technical
- Facilitate the business of ISV as a not for profit association
Victorian Code of Conduct for Community Sport
The Victorian Code of Conduct for Community Sport outlines behaviours that are expected of every person involved in community sport and active recreation, as well as identifying the types of behaviours that will not be tolerated.
On the Sport & Recreation Victoria web site you will find more information about the Code and its implications for various members of the community. Links to some helpful resources are provided to assist clubs and local sporting organisations to ensure that their members are fully aware of the Code and play their part in ensuring its success.
Every person: spectator, player, club member, official, participant, administrator, coach, parent or member of the community involved with the sport, should work to ensure:
- inclusion of every person regardless of their age, gender or sexual orientation
- inclusion of every person regardless of their race, culture or religion
- opportunities for people of all abilities to participate in the sport and develop to their full potential
- respect is shown towards others, the club and the broader community
- a safe and inclusive environment for all
- elimination of violent and abusive behaviour
- protection from sexual harassment or intimidation.
This Code applies to community sport, training and club sanctioned activities.
ISV Council Meetings
The Council meets each month on a Monday between February and December.
Council meeting dates can be found here.
ISV Life Members
- Geoff Taylor (deceased) – For judging and administration of the State and National bodies
- Frank Parsons (deceased) – For judging and administration of the State and National bodies
- John Smith – For administration of the State body
- Sandra Smart – For administration of the State body
- William Cherrell – For judging at a State and National level
- Kevin Jones – For administration of the State and National bodies
- Cathy Taylor – For judging and administration of the State and National bodies